New

Do we ever stop and think what it must be like to a baby or child?

Every sensation--sight, smell, sound, texture, taste--is experienced by them for the very first time.

Things we take for granted are still completely novel to them. The world is exciting--one great big opportunity.

They can't wait to experience it.

As they grow older, the senses are less important than the new ideas they encounter.
New words, new concepts, new paradigms.

It thrills them to the core.

We need to make it a habit of getting down at their level, putting ourselves in their mind frame, and then facilitating their excitement and experiences at every age.

Too often, figuring that they'll learn what they need to on their own, as every child does, we lose opportunities to grant them greater growth.

I'm not a teacher to my children. I'm a fascilitator, and I will be for the rest of my life.